Bolster Actions

Have a rules question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Artemis

Bolster Actions

Postby theresponsibleone » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Can you put in a bolster action in the same downtime period as the unit (whether EPs or MPs) is costing points?

IE: I send my Battalion of Mercenaries to the front and the 60MPs take 30 points of casualties. Can I have put in a Bolster action within the same downtime period to cover casualties "as they happen"?

Obviously, if casualties are lower or higher than expected, this process is inefficient, but it leads to less of a "lead time" on recharging assets.
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Bolster Actions

Postby Artemis » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Yes you can. It's certainly how most existing groups do it. Should also note that spending MP isn't narratively the same as taking casualties, more so than expending ammo and knackering your troops such that they need a bit of R&R.

Narratively taking casualties is more of a thing when your asset is specifically being attacked as part of a destroy asset endeavour by someone else.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Re: Bolster Actions

Postby theresponsibleone » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Artemis wrote:Yes you can. It's certainly how most existing groups do it. Should also note that spending MP isn't narratively the same as taking casualties, more so than expending ammo and knackering your troops such that they need a bit of R&R.

That's good to know, thanks!
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Rules Questions