+1 or 2 to Skill X/day Items

Have a rules question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Artemis

+1 or 2 to Skill X/day Items

Postby Maakeff » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:35 am

I'd like to request a clarification on something please, specifically with regards to how an item that grants a Skill boost a limited number of times per day interacts with Skills that use Test Decks (with the exception of Medicae, as a fixed-size deck).

So, the clarification I'm after revolves around numbers of cards in decks. The limit is, as standard, Skill rating +1. If I'm out on a linear and activate a Skill boost, do I immediately get to add an extra card to my deck? In which case, that essentially & effectively replicates a couple of Archetype's Basic level Talents. Alternately, do I need to go back to "base" and obtain an extra card as if I was changing my deck? Tied into this is - how long does the boost last? One test/challenge, a combat, or something else? Is it perhaps intended that one activates the Skill boost item before going out on an encounter and tools-up appropriately?

Thinking about Medicae and temporary Skill boosts though, at what point may a character activate a boost - say after a deck draw has been made, in order to change the result gained from the draw? And how long does the boost last - a combat? A single draw?
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Winter
Maakeff
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Winter

Re: +1 or 2 to Skill X/day Items

Postby Maakeff » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:24 am

I would like to bump this please for Rules Ref consideration as it is now the commencement of serious downtime planning - thanks! :-)
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Winter
Maakeff
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Winter

Return to Rules Questions