Assets

Have a rules question? Ask it in here.

Moderator: Artemis

Assets

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:36 pm

There are several different types of assets which can be applied in the downtime system and how they are applied tends to come down to one of two methods.

Miltary and Exploratory Units (assets that provide MP/EP) are independent units which can be despatched to assist in endeavours. In order to be used in an endeavour, they must provide at least 1 MP/EP to the cost of the endeavour. If they do so, they apply their entire MP/EP to the difficulty of the endeavour. MP/EP expended on the cost must be replenished after use by use of a Levy (for some titled assets) or a Bolster endeavour.

Other assets such as Influence assets tend to have a number of points with at least one type. They can use these points on an endeavour which allows assets of their type to contribute, but only get to contribute those points once. Their points are applied directly to the Difficulty and have no effect on the Cost. Some assets have multiple actions, allowing them to be used on multiple endeavours - most assets can only be used once per downtime, but they do not need to be replenished after use.
- Yoda.
Do you hear the voices too?!
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Re: Assets

Postby Bear » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:16 am

One question there...not that I have used it yet, but the Influence rules (the table on page 93 in the Rulebook, or under "Costs" on the following page: http://rules.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Influence) state that you can use Influences for more than one action, provided you pay for every use after the first.

This is not in play, then, and each Influence can only be used once unless explicitly stated otherwise?
Bear
Captain
Captain
Lord Gavrillius Angstrom

Postby mindwanders » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm fairly sure that's a holdover from the old downtime system and influences can now only be used once each per dt unless the specifically have multiple actions.
Gordon McDonald
Captain Bartholomew Noxof the Milady De Winter
Former Ref
google.com/+GordonMcDonald
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:55 pm

As Gordon says, there are many holdovers from old systems still hanging around. Anything on the rules wiki should not (at this stage) be taken as gospel. The rules wiki will be getting taken down once we've retrieved everything that remains current from it.

Due to the rulebook being a collation of all rules sources without a thorough check to determine which rule is correct, there are several inconsistencies in it. We also plan to correct these though finding them isn't easy.
- Yoda.
Do you hear the voices too?!
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby Maakeff » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Yoda wrote:Due to the rulebook being a collation of all rules sources without a thorough check to determine which rule is correct, there are several inconsistencies in it. We also plan to correct these though finding them isn't easy.

Going through it in the form of a thorough check is tough - mainly because it's an effing huge document. :-) I've had emails from a couple of people, which I appreciate immeasurably, pointing out some of the inconsistencies they've spotted. More than that depends on time, and level of personal motivation & enthuse, and these things always go better when more than one pair of eyes and understanding of the rules examines it. It's very easy for me to become blinded by what I'm reading when I'm working on the rulebook, or swamped, or lose track of where I am. This is why I really, really appreciate people contacting me with things in the rulebook that need changing/amending/fixing. :-)

Full contact information for myself relevant to the rulebook, that I'm prepared to post on forums anyway, can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=728

If you have my email address, please feel free to use it, and I'll provide it on request too via more private comms. :-)
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Winter
Maakeff
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Winter

Postby Bear » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Thank you for the answers. Makes things easier, if nothing else...
Bear
Captain
Captain
Lord Gavrillius Angstrom

Return to Rules Questions