The Loot Board from Footsteps

Announcements and other threads about events

Re: The Loot Board from Footsteps

Postby Hazel » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:07 pm

This might be a question best taken IC, but are groups or independents who are not operating under a warrant being included in the calculations for loot purposes?
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Postby SteveC » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Hazel wrote:This might be a question best taken IC, but are groups or independents who are not operating under a warrant being included in the calculations for loot purposes?

Might be better as an IC conversation in the main as IC they have no legal right to be beyond the Line and make profit. Although there are also OOC considerations around the argument that the Lord Captains had to pay a lot of points and thus forego other things to have a character that has that right versus player inclusiveness.
Lord Captain Avonis Gul Holtz-Hastreme
Quis est iste qui venit

Steve Clapton
SteveC
Admiral
Admiral
Lord Captain Hastreme

Postby mindwanders » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Actually, the independants are perfectly within their rights to opperate beyond the line as far as I'm aware. What they can't do is take Xenos loot back into imperial space. I would expect them to be limited to Archeotech, imperial gear and WU as their share. So, they will probably fare better from this one than they would from something like Fair Met.

Considering they helped recover the loot I suspect you'd be hard pressed to argue that they are entitled to nothing.
Gordon McDonald
Captain Bartholomew Noxof the Milady De Winter
Former Ref
google.com/+GordonMcDonald
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Postby Designer Bloodstain » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:04 pm

If I am down as an independent I believe I just count as a valid party of one, seeing as I have Inquisitor title.
War across the stars...for every child...
Designer Bloodstain
Captain
Captain
Ambrose Cordell Tollman

Postby Hazel » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:55 am

Ah, ok. In that case, my initial question was based on a misunderstanding about imperium law and warrants - I thought non-warranted imperial citizens weren't supposed to be trading out over the line at all? If that's not how it works then fair enough :)
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Postby Darth Fanboy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:09 am

Rogue Traders are the only ones who should be carrying out what could be called "trading", but Inquisitors, authorised members of the Mechanicus, Missionaries and others are allowed to claim resources to support their operations.

They're more restricted in what they can do (the Inquisitor Lords will raise questions if someone under their aegis starts taking overmuch time managing a trade line, the Forge Synod will usually object to their Magi engaging in peaceful deals with Xenos etc.), but laying claim to recovered weapons or selling gemstones to fund a mission are not going to cause issue unless the items themselves are legally problematic.

In addition to this, there are various items which the Inquisition or Mechanicus could make an argument to sole claim over (Xenotech, Warp Tech and Archaeotech mainly). Of course, this usually enters the realm of overlapping absolute authority, which gets messy quickly. Avoidance of diplomatic wrangling; legal challenges or wars is why the players are part of the Iron Star Consortium in the first place.
Accursed be the Machine cast not in the Crucible of Faith.
- Catechism of the Autoculus of Mars
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

Postby Artemis » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:17 am

As a rules ref rather than a story ref I will say this is no way offfical as the story ref really feels more likely to be the arbiter on this.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rogue_T ... gal_status

Rogue Traders are empowered with the authority to travel freely within the Imperium and beyond, this allows them to interact with cultures for which contact with is normally forbidden, be they non-Imperial human worlds or Xenos-controlled planets. Not only that, but Rogue Traders are granted the permission and freedom to deal with these cultures as they see fit, so long as it is in the interests of the Imperium.

Which seems to me to intimate that non Rogue Traders are forbidden from doing same. The awkward point is that a Rogue trader can claim a planet for the imperium, at which point it's somewhat wooly whether that opens up other ctizens to be able to trade and loot freely.

From a rules point of view I notice that being a rogue trader gives you (in crunch terms) about 230 points of influence actions for the cost of the title, the only comparable title being Inquistitor which gives you categorically better stuff because of how powerful and flexible requistion is. I'd be inclined to suggest outside the line Rogue Traders do make the rules in the same way as Inquisitors are able to within the line as otherwise every rogue trader would have been better served buying a ship with their starting points instead.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby Gray » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:38 am

You missed me from the Mercutio Dynasty as Reaper.
Moritat.
Reaper of the Heretic, Xenos and the apostate
Gray
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Reaper

Postby Andrew » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:05 am

From a flavour point of view I'd prefer that the Mission gets a share as a sort of donation/tithe from the Iron Star Consortium as I think that would be cool.

If people wont go for that we'll just claim right to a share by dint of agreement to operate under the Colbrand Warrant of Trade.

Incidentally my reading of it had always been with out a warrant you're on shakey ground even being outside of Imperial space at all. Let alone doing anything there. That is relaxed a little in this case as the far side of the line is pseudo considered imperial space but not really. That is to say the sector is conquered but large parts are lawless and not really imperial.
Andrew
Storyteller
Storyteller
Isaac Flint

Postby NeillC » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:59 pm

As an update, I'm still waiting on clarification of a few things from the STs about some of the items on the list - some of it was just described as "Archeotech" which doesn't exist in the new trade system, and it'd be useful to have mechanics for some of the equipment so we can work out who wants what.

Once I've got it, I'll upload the list somewhere, with people's shares worked out, and we can start bickering over what we want from it :-)
Lord Captain Calder Traherne
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Previous

Return to Events