Call Modifications

Discussions pertinent to the rules rewrite

Moderator: Artemis

Re: Call Modifications

Postby Gray » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:52 pm

In the canon no. Power Mauls are a specific example because they have lower powered top end and a variable setting to allow them to be used as a bit of a jack of all trades, extreme door knocker to punishment stick in the flick of a switch and then capable of cracking carapace the next.
Moritat.
Reaper of the Heretic, Xenos and the apostate
Gray
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Reaper

Postby Bear » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:52 pm

I have, essentially, the same question as Adam: If you have a weapon that calls Subdue (like the Sonic Pistol from Xanadu), do you have to call Subdue as your call with Ranged Combat 1, or do you call Single Subdue (as Subdue without anything else is redundant)?

In fact, is 'Subdue' a call you require skill to make, or an automatic property of the weapon that is applied whether you have enough skill to call Double or only Single?
Bear
Captain
Captain
Lord Gavrillius Angstrom

Postby Artemis » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:40 pm

James asked similar. Unless noted in the weapon description the subdue call had to be used and does use a level of skill.
So skill 2 to do single subdue.
skill 3 to do double subdue etc
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby Bear » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Which means using a weapon with Subdue is pointless if you've only got a skill of 1?
Well...I can see why the Imperium is so blood-thirsty...
Bear
Captain
Captain
Lord Gavrillius Angstrom

Postby Snarfeh » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Bear wrote:Which means using a weapon with Subdue is pointless if you've only got a skill of 1?
Well...I can see why the Imperium is so blood-thirsty...

I see it more than any chump can fire a weapon/beat someone with a stick, but it takes a bit more skill to hit someone without killing them. It could also mean that these weapons are more complicated than the norm so a higher level of competency is needed to use them.
Lord Aurelius Hark

OOC- James Watson
Snarfeh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Lord Aurelius Hark

Postby Bear » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:00 am

No, that's fair. It just amuses me what different systems assume as a baseline, and in this case the source material definitely suggests it is a lot harder to knock someone over the head than killing them.
Bear
Captain
Captain
Lord Gavrillius Angstrom

Previous

Return to Rules 2.0 Rewrites