Consumables: Medicines and Drugs

Discussions pertinent to the rules rewrite

Moderator: Artemis

Consumables: Medicines and Drugs

Postby mindwanders » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Please note that the correct descriptions and effects for drugs can be found on the item spreadsheet that was released before the last event. The information on consumable effects on the spreadsheet replaces the information found on the forums.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=500

These high end pharmaceuticals represent some of the best that the empires chemists can produce. They are a long way from the street drugs used by the masses and the prices reflect it. These medicines and drugs are not physically addictive. But, we leave the effects of any psychological addiction in your hands.

Medicine
Azoth Prime (10 WU)
A concentrated and enhanced version of the regenerative drug.
Single use of Heal 4, This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab. Requires Medicae 4
Azoth (4 WU)
This advanced medicine massively augments the natural healing process and suppresses pain and shock.
Single use of Heal 2, This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab. Requires Medicae 2
Total Onslaught (6 WU)
Heightens reactions and improves hand eye co-ordination to a massive extent.
Revitalise 4, you do not recover Body or Vitality naturally for the next 4 hours .Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab. Requires Medicae 3
Onslaught (4WU)
A less extreme vision of the reaction improving drug.
Revitalise 2, Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab. Requires Medicae 2
Cordrazine (2 WU)
Powerful stimulant used to revive patients in an emergency, such as cardiac arrest.
Acts as if a character has been instantly bandaged when at negative hp. Single use.This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab. Requires Medicae 2
Selenine (2 WU)
Creating a large boost to the healing process that is augmented by adrenaline. This drug is used when you just can’t afford to rest and recover.
Recover one Body every 15 minutes, regardless of your activity levels for the next four hours.This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab. Requires Medicae 5
Bioknit Gel (5 WU)
This advanced nanite spray is designed to reattach a recently severed limb without access to a surgeon.
A limb lost after a Dismember or Disable call can be used again. Single use. This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab. Requires Medicae 1
Was
Bioknit Gel (4 WU)
This advanced nanite spray is designed to reattach a recently severed limb without access to a surgeon.
A limb lost after a Dismember call can be used again. Single use. This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab.

Tunivor's Nectar( 3WU)
A potent healing potion made from the "Fricai Andlat" mushroom, capable of reversing the effects of any toxin.
End a Toxin effect on a character. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab. Requires Medicae 2
Hydra (2 WU)
Both anesthetizes and restores crippled limbs.
Instantly recover from a Disable call. Requires Medicae 2
Frenzon (3 WU)
Overcomes any sense of fear and fills you with the confidence to fight on.
Inspire 4, Imbue Resist Fear. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab. Requires Medicae 1
Stimm (3 WU)
Fills you with euphoria and an urge to fight.
Inspire 4 Imbue Resist Stun, Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab. Requires Medicae 1
De-Tox (1 WU)
A savage drug that flushes other drugs from the users system. Often results in vomiting and can have laxative side effects.
Ends the effects of any drugs you are currently experiencing. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab. Requires Medicae 1

Drugs
Azrael (5 WU)
This drug both enhances muscular strength and lowers inhibitions and the concept of risk.
Grants +1 melee damage for the remainder of the combat. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab.
Theosophist’s Philtre (3WU)
A powerful emotional suppressant that still leaves you clear headed enough to act.
Suppresses strong emotions and grants Resist Fear x3 in this combat. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab.
Tranq (2WU)
A chemical/alcohol distillate that numbs both the body and mind. Considered by most to be a very acquired taste.
Recover 1 Vitality every 30 minutes for the next 4 hours, regardless of your activity levels. You Resist Inspire during this time. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab.
Seraphian Lho Sticks (1 WU)
A herb wrapped in paper that is lit and then smoked. It has mild stimulant properties.
Recover 1 Vitality every 15 minutes for the next 30 minutes, regardless of your activity levels. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Medicine Lab..
Fine Etihadian Amasec (1 WU)
An alcoholic beverage laced with mild stimulants and muscle relaxants. A favourite tipple of many young nobles before embarking on a serious night out.
Recover 1 Vitality every 15 minutes for the next 30 minutes, regardless of your activity levels. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Food Processing Manufactorum.
Spook (10 WU)
Spook is an addictive and highly illegal drug that gives the user temporary psychic powers. Made from ancient human protein. Comes in lurid green powder and a liquid form.
Grants the ability to use Advanced Psyniscience three time per day for the remainder of the day and you become vulnerable to the Warp call just like a Psyker for the remainder of the event. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab.
Ephemerol (3 WU)
This powerful psychoactive stimulant is rumoured to be the powdered remains of those that gave themselves to the emperor as part of the tithe.
Allows a Psyker to place three white beads back in their bag. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab.
Sacred Unguents (6 WU)
Blessed coolants and lubricants used in cybernetic devices.
The various liquids required to Service a Bionic part. Single Use. This item can be manufactured in a Chemical Lab.
Gordon McDonald
Captain Bartholomew Noxof the Milady De Winter
Former Ref
google.com/+GordonMcDonald
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Re: Consumables: Medicines and Drugs

Postby evgeny » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:16 pm

Have you guys worked out how much creation points the various production facilities cost?
Occasionally, I forget that the world and I have largely differing views on what matters.
evgeny
Captain
Captain
Genetor Ezekiel Grey

Postby mindwanders » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 am

We're working on that as part of the trade system.
Gordon McDonald
Former Ref
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Postby Maakeff » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:55 pm

You know, something's just occured to me - Mindwanders, who are you? I appreciate I may be being special, but I don't seem to recall any kind of introduction or link of name-to-nick, which only really bothers me as it's clear from your content-posts that you're on the ST team... Again, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere and I've missed it. :-)
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Winter
Maakeff
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Winter

Postby Artemis » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:43 pm

I'm fairly certain it's Gordon, who recently joined the game team, played the religious rogue trader on the council.

On topic
Will there be medicae skill requirements for application of any of the medicines or drugs to bring them into line with how demolitions work? It'd mean you can't buy your way directly to competence without having some skill to back it up, which for someone who has largely been paid for fighting (and not having made near as much of an economic footprint as others) is worried about.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby mindwanders » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm fairly certain it's Gordon, who recently joined the game team, played the religious rogue trader on the council.

Yup. That's me!

Would have made more sence if I'd updated my footer and profile pic before I started all these posts :-)

Will there be medicae skill requirements for application of any of the medicines or drugs to bring them into line with how demolitions work? It'd mean you can't buy your way directly to competence without having some skill to back it up, which for someone who has largely been paid for fighting (and not having made near as much of an economic footprint as others) is worried about.

I hadn't intended to. But I'm not ruling it out.

Don't underestimate how expensive these will get over a weekend event if you start to rely heavily on them.
Gordon McDonald
Former Ref
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Postby Gray » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Are Bionics in the works at present? I was just thinking they fit into this sort of area as well and haven't really been written in anywhere that I know of.
Moritat.
Reaper of the Heretic, Xenos and the apostate
Gray
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Reaper

Postby mindwanders » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:31 pm

We have a draft of the rules. But, not a lot of example abilities they grant so far. I'll post them up when we have more of a list of abilities to discuss.
Gordon McDonald
Former Ref
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Postby mindwanders » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Having discussed it, we think that it would be a good idea for the drugs to have minimum skill requirements to administer. So I've updated the front page of this thread.

My idea was to make Medicae 3 the standard for a field medic that can rely heavily on advanced drugs while higher levels represent more experienced doctors and surgeons that focus more on surgery than just quickly applying drugs.

What do people think?

Is this aiming at the right level?

Should we go higher/lower?
Gordon McDonald
Former Ref
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Postby evgeny » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:11 am

After speaking to Yoda on Saturday I got a few suggestions on this.
I think that there should not be any level requirement to use Drugs. So keep as is.

As for medicine
Azoth Prime Medicae 4 (From 3)
Cordrazine Medicae 2 (From 3)
Selenine Medicae 5 (From 4)

Also Tranq and De-Tox are more of medicine than drugs so perhaps moving them in to medicine with stats of Tranq Medicae 1 and De-Tox Medicae 2
Occasionally, I forget that the world and I have largely differing views on what matters.
evgeny
Captain
Captain
Genetor Ezekiel Grey

Next

Return to Rules 2.0 Rewrites