New Bionics Rules

Discussions pertinent to the rules rewrite

Moderator: Artemis

New Bionics Rules

Postby mindwanders » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:12 pm

We advised that we'd be changing the bionics as we felt they were unbalanced and under priced. This is the revised rules text, exact costs and availabilities for the bionics will be published with the revised equipment list.

Bionics

Bionic replacements are an accepted part of life amongst the more well to do residents of the Imperium.
Although biological replacements for lost limbs and organs are theoretically available, they are held in such low regard by the Tech Priests that locating an expert can be difficult.

Any limb or sensory organ can be replaced with a basic cybernetic version.
This will be equivalent in capability to the biological original as enhancements to strength or capabilities would require replacing undamaged bone, muscle and nerves in order to correctly integrate them.

Augmented Bionics

There are a number of advanced systems that are available only for bionics and they can also support many of the item upgrades.
However, they require access to advanced power supplies, superior coolant and biogels in order to run at the high performance levels needed to use an Augmentation. Each bionic part has a number of charges it can use before it must be Serviced to replenish the charges.

You must pay the cost for a suitable Augmentations to match the workmanship on the bionic. Up to two augmentations can be added to a bionic part. But, the charges available are per bionic not per augmentation.

Replacement Parts
Although any individual with Repair 3+ (or the Tech-Priest talent Mechanicus Implants) can carry out a service on a bionic, the fluids, gels and power cells are very costly.
It is expected that an individual with a Bionic part will supply the servicing mechanic with the required parts to carry out the service.
Each set of replacement parts costs 2 WU per charge.
Although it only requires 2 minutes of appropriate roleplay from the engineer, a service can only be carried out during a 30 minute R&R while the diagnostics and flushing runs.

Workmanship on Bionics

Basic
These are the basic replacements that are more functional than augmentative. Holds 1 Charge.
Physrep requirements: This must be an obvious cybernetic limb, large and clunky.

Advanced
These are at the upper end of Bionic equipment and are designed to handle the stress caused by the use of an Augment. Holds 2 Charges.
Physrep requirements: This must be an obvious cybernetic limb, but can be sleek and efficient, however it cannot be hidden. Contact lenses are appropriate for cyber-eyes at this point.

Master Crafted
The pinnacle of what can be achieved using currently available STC’s. Holds 3 Charges.
Physrep requirements: This must show signs of be artifical in some way, by may otherwise duplicate a human limb.

Hidden Cybernetics
Cybernetics of Advanced or Mastercrafted grade may be hidden, requiring no phys-rep. This adds +50% to the cost of the limb and augments implanted in it.

Damage to Cyber Limbs

One of the down sides to a cybernetic replacement is that it is often beyond the capabilities of your average field surgeon to repair.

Disable
If a cyber limb receives a Disable hit then it must be repaired by an Engineer (successfully performing a Difficulty 3 Repair Test (Burnt Out, Sealed Unit, Precise Calibration)) before the limb can be used again.

Dismember
A dismember call means that not only has the limb been removed but the feedback has caused damage the biological parts that the bionic is linked to.
In order for the limb to become usable again you must retrieve the limb and then have first a Medicae (Difficulty 3) test and then a Difficulty 5 Repair Test (Leaking, Missing Parts, Precise Calibration, No Power, Deep Fault) successfully performed on them.

Purchasing cybernetics:
Cybernetics with a category of Imperial may be purchased on the open market.
Those with a type of Imperial-advanced or Archeotech may only be constructed, found or bargained for and must be obtained via endeavours.
Augmented Bionics can be bought during character generation for a CP cost equivalent to the WU cost.
The augmentation grade must match the limb grade when purchased.
Gordon McDonald
Captain Bartholomew Noxof the Milady De Winter
Former Ref
google.com/+GordonMcDonald
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Re: New Bionics Rules

Postby Maakeff » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 am

I would like to request for the things that have been changed to be highlighted in some form or other, please. Thanks!
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Winter
Maakeff
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Winter

Postby horzabora » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:23 am

Bionics are now 1/2/3 charges.

Bionics can only be recharged during the 30 minute 'rest period' meaning you can't recharge them in combat or on linears.

WU costs to recharge bionics are doubled from 1 WU a charge to 2 WU a charge, it also scales now, so it's not always most cost-effective to buy Master-crafted items.

Bionics can now only hold two components each.
Rob Collins
Creative Director: Conflict Resolution
Lead Storyteller: Inquisition Chronicles
Storyteller: No Rest for the Wicked
"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."
horzabora
Storyteller
Storyteller
Creative Director

Postby PaulK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Is the list of bionics complete or a work in progress or should we consider what's on there as examples?

Basically are there guidelines to custom bionics or should we consider the list as definitive for now. Most of them are very combat focussed and I don't see the Fabricator as making use of those functions often.
Give me any savant you care, and I shall match his worth tenfold with even the most basic of Machine Spirits.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Hars_Borras
PaulK
Captain
Captain
Fabricator Borras

Postby PaulK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Also can you construct a Master Crafted Bionic Limb and add Augmentations to it in later endeavours?
Give me any savant you care, and I shall match his worth tenfold with even the most basic of Machine Spirits.

PaulK
Captain
Captain
Fabricator Borras

Postby PaulK » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 am

Ah More questions questions questions. If I craft a bionic eye is it one eye or both? if I craft 2 eyes, with flight assistance augmentation is that just double the number of charges or could you stack the bonus?

PaulK
Captain
Captain
Fabricator Borras

Postby horzabora » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Bionics can be added, yes you can add augs later, and it's one eye, not both.
Rob Collins
Creative Director: Conflict Resolution
Lead Storyteller: Inquisition Chronicles
Storyteller: No Rest for the Wicked
"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."
horzabora
Storyteller
Storyteller
Creative Director

Return to Rules 2.0 Rewrites