EVENT CANCELLATION - Where Angels Fear to Tread

Discussions pertinent to the rules rewrite

Moderator: Artemis

EVENT CANCELLATION - Where Angels Fear to Tread

Postby horzabora » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Hello all,

I am afraid that due to low booking numbers (including people who have committed to attend but who cannot book at this time) and the resulting financial loss that neither Conflict Resolution nor myself can afford to bear, we are going to have to cancel Where Angels Fear to Tread, our event taking place next week from the 15th to the 18th of December.

I am very sorry about this, particularly so late in the day, but due to the slow booking update I had to give things as much burn time as I could, I do not take the decision lightly - it's the only event we've had to cancel, it's my baby and it's intended to be our finale. But sanity must prevail in this instance - we're not close to breaking even and the numbers we have won't support the event we'd like to run.

Why did this happen?

I'll be honest, I'm not going to go into a breakdown as to why in public. But a summary would be 'just before Christmas is a bad time for an event'. Lesson learned.

What does this mean?

This does not mean the event will not go ahead sometime - the Season 2 staff have kindly offered me Slot 1 next year, but unfortunately Richard is at a wedding that weekend. As a consequence we will be investigating available dates for the site and the available refs and I will then post a poll so we can get an idea of numbers.

People who have booked tickets are entitled to a full refund, which we will process as soon as we can (it's not as simple as clicking a button). Alternatively, you can keep hold of the tickets and transfer them to when the event does run.

People who have made pre-existing travel arrangements with sunk costs (train tickets etc) they cannot cancel at this point should get in touch with me personally, and I'll arrange to meet your costs as far as we can - this will take place after refunds have been issued for obvious reasons. If possible we'll refund all sunk costs, but I have no idea what those costs may be. You will be required to provide proof of these prior arrangements - I trust you all, but this is a company I'm running and I need to evidence I've been responsible with our funds.

People who have annual leave you can't unbook - sorry, can't help with that. But I'm happy to meet up and do something social instead so it's not wasted, if your in Scotland.

Downtimes will... we're not sure. We're going to hold onto them for longer than intended so we can polish them up, then once we've got dates we'll schedule a release for them. If we release early, the pre-game hype effect will fade.

Thanks for reading, and hope to see you at the next event. Or sooner!

Cheers,
Rob, Director - Conflict Resolution LRP
(This seems to have been the year for writing messages like this. Sorry!)
Rob Collins
Creative Director: Conflict Resolution
Lead Storyteller: Inquisition Chronicles
Storyteller: No Rest for the Wicked
"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."
horzabora
Storyteller
Storyteller
Creative Director

Return to Rules 2.0 Rewrites