Rules 2.0 Feedback - Corruption System

Moderator: Artemis

Rules 2.0 Feedback - Corruption System

Postby mindwanders » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:27 am

I'm opening up this thread for feedback on the new corruption system that was used at Vox Populi.

Please let us know:

• What aspects of it worked?
  • Which didn’t work so well?
  • What you would have done differently?

If you are comfortable saying, I'd also be interested in knowing how many green cards you got (don't mention if you got a red or not)?
Whether you drew them in combat or afterwards?
Did you feel it added/detracted from your role-playing experience?
Were the cards specific/general enough to be relevant?
Gordon McDonald
Captain Bartholomew Noxof the Milady De Winter
Former Ref
google.com/+GordonMcDonald
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Re: Rules 2.0 Feedback - Corruption System

Postby mindwanders » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:27 am

Here’s my feedback. Bear in mind that I only saw a very limited slice of the game, and a lot may have happened out of my sight.

What aspects of it worked?
I loved some of the roleplaying that I saw generated on the back of the green cards. There were some very interest results produced by them.

I also loved being the Evil Santa, wandering round and distributing corruption like it was a gift and having it so eagerly accepted.

I think a lot of that eagerness to get the cards was the result of the mystery in the system. Because there’s no list of the card effects, people wanted to get a few cards just to see what were on them.

Which didn’t work so well?
You couldn’t practically draw one of the cards in the heat of battle. I also thought the combat effect results were anticlimactic and a lot of people looked disappointed to get them instead of a role-playing effect.

What you would have done differently?
I think I’d be inclined to drop the combat effects altogether and add in some less drastic RP effects to replace them. Maybe a single action impulse rather than something that lasts the day?
Gordon McDonald
Captain Bartholomew Noxof the Milady De Winter
Former Ref
google.com/+GordonMcDonald
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Postby Artemis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:04 am

What aspects of it worked?
I liked the ongoing effect ones, I found it interesting to work out how to react to some of them due to existing mentality. I generally found that when I asked for one I got one, and I liked the honour system of coming to an ST if you think you had been exposed to something corrupting.

Which didn’t work so well?
The combat effect ones weren't very good, I'd compare them to opening a kinder surprise and the anticlimax of getting one of the little clay figures instead of a neat kit to put together.

What you would have done differently?
Drop the combat effects. Make some personalised ones for various characters who have strong characterisation for whom some of the more generic ones wouldn't make sense. Be a bit more brutal with handing them out, I'm surprised more people didn't come away from a war world fighting against chaos having got red cards.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby SteveC » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:35 am

First to note that my only interaction with the Corruption cards was at the start of the Event when I picked one up from downtime. As I only got to go on one Linear at the event I didn't come across the system in actual play as it were.

Overall though I think the system with them worked well. The bits I heard after the event from other players seemed to be indicative of them liking the extra roleplay effects and potential for character change that the system offers. Again I didn't hear anyone being as enthused about the in combat effects so I think I'd back the idea of moving away from them.

I like Phil's suggestion of perhaps making some of them more personalised but I think that is more practical to do for Red and Black level cards when they come out as they will be rarer and so can be more targeted than the Green ones.
Lord Captain Avonis Gul Holtz-Hastreme
Quis est iste qui venit

Steve Clapton
SteveC
Admiral
Admiral
Lord Captain Hastreme

Postby NeillC » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Can we have some information about how you get rid of red cards during downtime?
Lord Captain Calder Traherne
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Postby Designer Bloodstain » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Mind. Wipe. >.>
War across the stars...for every child...
Designer Bloodstain
Captain
Captain
Ambrose Cordell Tollman

Return to Feedback & Review