Main Bar

A bar on Arkangel.

Main Bar

Postby Caboose2605 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Ghost walked into the Reprieve in his usual attire, adorned in his usual weaponry, giving Krug and Krunch a careful nod before wading his way through the prying eyes of the crowd. He noted a few of his Wraiths interspersed among tables of Arborians, as well as a few squads sitting on their own, noting further that a few of them tightened up and started making their friends aware as he strode towards the main bar. His hands played out a quick signal to them "OFF DUTY. RELAX. STAND DOWN."
A few puzzled looks between each other was the only response he saw, but they went back to their drinks or so he presumed.
Ghost reached the bar, ordering an Amasec for himself and Yuri, sliding the spare glass back to the bartender and clinking it with him, practised and precise, before he relaxed on the bar and carefully analysed the room and it's main entrance.
"What shall we learn today?" He mused internally.
Player: Fraser Ramsay
Character: Ghost NC1161625

"Strive to challenge yourself. Challenge your mind, your faith and your drive. Only then can you achieve what I am born to achieve."
Caboose2605
Captain
Captain
Tryskellan Dynasty Scout

Re: Main Bar

Postby Jaxx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:51 pm

Somewhat stereotypically so, on the rare occasions that Jaxx is on Arkangel and exercising her Dark Seat benefits, she's easily found in the bar surrounded by fellow scouts and with a scientific distance from the other patrons. Laughter seems to surround her, but despite the involvement with her peers she's quick to notice discreet hand signals and the ripple of readiness that spreads through the bar as Ghost enters.

She follows the wave and notices Ghost making his way to the bar, but doesn't break her conversation with the nearest scout. When he's settled Jaxx makes her way over, slipping between the customers and quietly taking a seat by Ghost in time to order another drink for herself and slide payment across the bar.

"Didn't expect to see a familiar face.", she says, smiling as always.
Jaxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Acheoexhumator C4-RREE J4-XX

Postby Caboose2605 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Ghost spares her a sideways look before gazing back over the bar.
"We had some spare time. I've been running them ragged getting them to hunt down leads on any knife ear activity in the area. They deserve a break, so I'm giving them one. Besides, it's not like I can go out there on my own." he says in his usual, monotonal voice.
"I take it you are avoiding work, again?" he feigns a smile, before taking a long draught of his amasec. "It's odd to hear you were on Arkangel." he explains whilst giving her a light nudge on the arm with his elbow. He catches the shocked glances of a few of his own scouts and shrugs.

"Strive to challenge yourself. Challenge your mind, your faith and your drive. Only then can you achieve what I am born to achieve."
Caboose2605
Captain
Captain
Tryskellan Dynasty Scout

Postby Jaxx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:27 pm

She smiles a little at that

"I have a Dark Seat to... well, sit in, from time to time. Have to at least keep up the illusion of working, though I'd much rather be anywhere else if I'm honest. Though, I'm glad you're here. I have..., ", she pauses for a moment, a distant look causing her eyes to glaze over as she drifts elsewhere on the Noosphere and searches for some way to approach the topic, "...We should talk. My sources brought me something from Krypte that you really need to see."

The alertness comes back, along with the cheeky smile and a cursory glance to the shocked scouts

"... if, you know, sharing what I know wouldn't cause a scandal"
Jaxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Caboose2605 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:46 pm

"I'd argue that this probably isn't the right environment for sharing sensitive information. Besides, I wouldn't pay them any mind. They've only see me play the soldier, I guess they aren't used to seeing me play the human. I've tried to maintain their training and regimental regimen, because that's what they know, that's what they always knew. But it's good to let them blow off steam and to let them know that underneath the veil there is someone who can care about them."
He nods before turning around and placing his glass on the bar.
"I'd be happy to hear it, but it really depends on what you've found out. Some of what might have come out of Krypte does worry me purely on the basis that it might be quite dangerous, and that it might not only be dangerous for me."
He takes a swig before continuing, "I am curious as to how you found out whatever you found out, and why?" he says levelly.

Caboose2605
Captain
Captain
Tryskellan Dynasty Scout

Postby Jaxx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:53 pm

She waves for a refill on their drinks, that same glazed over look stealing its way across her face and fading again for a brief moment.

"I had someone look into some of the work done there. Because I said I'd help, and I try and follow up on what I say I'll do. Scout's Honour, or something like that. Anyway...", she necks her drink and pulls a face, then passes Ghost a dataslate, "That's for you. It's the best I could do, but I reckon you'll make more sense of them than I will. Bedtime reading for you"
Jaxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Caboose2605 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:04 pm

"If your source is the same one that I'm thinking of it's likely to be the same information I have, but thanks. I'll look into having the files verified from my own cache and pass it along. Understandably I'm not reading all of the information just in case I go full murder-servitor and Tryskellan's ship becomes a very lonely place for me or I become a very dead operative."
He shrugs;
"Either way, if people think it will help to fix me and make me more effective then I'll play along. I hate the idea that I'm not 100% functional."
Ghost finishes his drink before turning back to the bar as Yuri slides the next drink by his elbow. "My tab." he nods to the man.

"How are your crew getting along after the last jaunt out? You all had your gene-screen yet?"

Caboose2605
Captain
Captain
Tryskellan Dynasty Scout

Postby Jaxx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:15 pm

"Faraj did the hack for me. And for what it's worth, I don't think you're... I- "

She's torn for a moment, though as that happens she shuts down a little and assumes the cold, logical gaze of the Mechanicus

"The crew are okay. Doc is working a lot in order to make sure that ours and members of other crews are okay. I am fortunate enough to not have encountered the infection."

Jaxx blinks a few times and shakes her head, taking a sip of her drink and pointedly looking at the bottles behind the bar.
Jaxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Caboose2605 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:34 pm

"Likewise I seem to have managed to avoid the infection. It was most unfortunate that the disease was transmitted to Brad, however under a different set of circumstances that could have been me. I guess I am lucky that Brad is a larger and more desirable host than I am."
He has a quick sip of his drink, watching one of his lither female Wraiths challenging an Arborian to an arm wrestle. 1894472 had been causing quite a few disturbances discipline wise, so this was more than likely going to get interesting in about 2 minutes or less.
"So why do you drink? I know why I do, I know why the soldiers do. What does it do for you? I don't know quite how mechanical you've gone."

Caboose2605
Captain
Captain
Tryskellan Dynasty Scout

Postby Jaxx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:54 pm

Jaxx watches the arm-wrestle for a while and whilst her body language is comfortable and easy, there's a poise that says she can dodge should a fight break out. At the news of Brad she looks... relieved, perhaps?

"Didn't he get that by fucking the bar-wench though?", she says - some of her normal tone back again, "What's her name - Maggie? Or something? Were you going to... actually, don't... don't tell me."

For a while Jaxx falls quiet, nursing the drink in her hand and idling over a response

"Because the Mechanicus deletes nothing. Though sometimes, the Mechanicus floods herself with Amisec and enjoys not having a cut off switch on her emotions, or flashbacks and the like.", she flicks him a look and shrugs, "I get a bit of peace and a bit of freedom."
Jaxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to The Hero's Reprieve